Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Nice to meet you, I'm Ms. Pigpen

Isn't that the name of the gross, dirty boy from Charlie Brown? If it is, then I should be his sister. I just read Tina's new post, and it reminds me of the current state of my living quarters. I, like her, am not sure why I'm choosing to admit it, but my house (apartment, whatever it is) has been for at least one month in a perpetual state of disarray. I understand that most of you reading this have children, quite possibly multiple numbers of them. You are saying to yourself, "How does one single woman make much of a mess? It's just not possible." Oh, my friends, it is. I don't feel like going home and actually taking the pictures, but let me just say that I live in a pig sty at the moment.

When I walk in the door from work, the options facing me each night (that I don't have other plans) are as follows:
a. plan a wedding
b. read books for pre-marital counseling
c. work out to lose those stinkin' 5 (okay, 10) pounds before the wedding
d. clean the house

Guess what wins? Usually (a) or (b), occasionally (c). Never (d). So I live with bridal magazines, wedding planners, bills, and pictures covering the kitchen table; a box of invitation paper and more pictures on the stove; pre-marital counseling books, a couple's memory book, and yet more pictures on the coffee table; a bunch of wedding flowers, frames, and more invitation supplies strewn about the kitchen floor; a kitchen sink full of every bowl I own and other cups and flatware. And every other surface available is covered with random items that I cannot currently think of but drive me absolutely crazy. The Christmas decorations are still up, which adds to the chaos and clutter. I believe I am resigning myself to the fact that there will be little progress made to remedy this state of chaos until...well, I'm not sure. We return from the honeymoon on April 9, so...maybe April 10? 11? I don't know. I will have to move out at some point, and I will need to clean the place when I do so. It would be nice to have some of it accomplished before then. But for now, I must stop thinking about this or my head will explode.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Does that mean we're all invited over?

Natalie Joy said...

It will all come together. Even the house. If you want some help later this week, I'd be happy to come over. It's way more fun to clean someone else's house.

Tina said...

that is awesome!!!!