Pages

Friday, October 28, 2005

NASCAR? What?


I have to say, my NASCAR obsession has cooled quite a bit lately. This has coincided interestingly enough with the time I started dating Matt. In the past, I would watch qualifying on Friday, practice and the Busch race on Saturday, and the Cup race on Sundays. Faithfully. I would fit in the truck races when I could, but I was religious about the rest. But especially as we've been gone and busy over the past month, I think I've watched one race live in the past 4 or 5 weeks and maybe one taped. I've taped the others but haven't even had time to watch the tape! I'm concerned about myself - I think I may be caring less about it these days. Maybe if my Ford guys were running a little better in the points standings I would be more compelled to watch. I think the main thing is that if I can't see it live, it's hard for me to get into the taped version. And if I know the outcome, sometimes it's hard to care about how they got there. Unless someone really good won or there was a great wreck. I am somewhat distraught about this new trend, but considering the fact that the season is almost over, I only have 4 more races to correct the trend. I have posted this picture of me and Carl Edwards at Kansas Speedway last year - maybe that will inspire me to be a better fan. We'll see what happens. I may need some prayer soon.

3 comments:

T said...

ut oh.. its soundin serious.. i never thought i'd see the day...

soontobemrsfugitt said...

Are you kidding me? I've turned John into a NASCAR fan. You and Matt need to sit down and have a good heart-to-heart and tell him where you priorities are. I mean who wouldn't want to watch Carl Edwards and Mark Martin??? Girlfriend, don't let me down.
BF

Adonai Jedi said...

Well, what are Carl Edwards and Mark martin doing togther? Are they alone? I don't knwo if I want to watch that!

NASCAR is all fine and good and I love a good wreck. And watching the beginning and end and sleeping in the middle is almost zen. Anyway...