Pages

Friday, October 28, 2005

NASCAR? What?


I have to say, my NASCAR obsession has cooled quite a bit lately. This has coincided interestingly enough with the time I started dating Matt. In the past, I would watch qualifying on Friday, practice and the Busch race on Saturday, and the Cup race on Sundays. Faithfully. I would fit in the truck races when I could, but I was religious about the rest. But especially as we've been gone and busy over the past month, I think I've watched one race live in the past 4 or 5 weeks and maybe one taped. I've taped the others but haven't even had time to watch the tape! I'm concerned about myself - I think I may be caring less about it these days. Maybe if my Ford guys were running a little better in the points standings I would be more compelled to watch. I think the main thing is that if I can't see it live, it's hard for me to get into the taped version. And if I know the outcome, sometimes it's hard to care about how they got there. Unless someone really good won or there was a great wreck. I am somewhat distraught about this new trend, but considering the fact that the season is almost over, I only have 4 more races to correct the trend. I have posted this picture of me and Carl Edwards at Kansas Speedway last year - maybe that will inspire me to be a better fan. We'll see what happens. I may need some prayer soon.

1 comment:

Tina said...

ut oh.. its soundin serious.. i never thought i'd see the day...