Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee created this MEME, and it gives me something easy to blog about for today. :-)
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
The Christmas line is worse. Usually a laptop has plenty of escape mechanisms for a boring meeting.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
I'm passive aggressive almost all the time in confrontation. But I'm learning to be a little mmore honest. I doubt I'll ever "bite back" like I wish I could.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
My grandmother is from England and married my grandpa when he came over for the war. I'm honestly not sure of the rest.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Smile. Be kind. Giftcards work, too.
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
Cookies. Warm, soft, slightly underbaked cookies win every time for me.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
No, I don't. I stick with one for a few months then move on or back to an old one.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
I'm task-oriented. To a fault at times. Not terribly so at home, but very much so at work.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Mmmm...Cracker Barrel. I haven't been in forever.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
I don't think I have. Now I read reviews on everything before I go see it. We don't see much, but we don't waste our money or find ourselves in shock from the ridiculous stuff that passes for entertainment these days, either.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
Writing. Playing piano.
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Probably some of both. That's a 3-4 year span, so it's hard for me to characterize it with one word. Plus, for some reason I don't remember a whole lot. And I'm only 31.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
The Pumpkin Spice Latte. I am elated when it returns to Starbucks each fall.