Pages

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Princess

Does anyone else love to dress up? The thought of going home and cuddling up on the couch in sweats is always appealing, but there is something about putting on a beautiful dress or a nice outfit and doing something special. I enjoyed dressing up for Lindsey's wedding. I know, at the end of the night the only thing I could think about was taking off the restrictive undergarments and high-maintenance dress, letting my hair down, and grabbing my warmest pajamas. But for those few hours, it was great to feel like a beautiful princess. If you haven't read Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge, I HIGHLY encourage it. A portion of the book discusses how it is core to us as women to have a desire to be beautiful - not only to be beautiful, but to offer our beauty to others. I can't say it as well as they do in a few hundred pages, but it is impacting to know that we are made in the image of God and He created us to be this way. So enjoy your holiday parties and any dressing up you will get to do - you are ALL beautiful and bless my life with your beauty in many ways.

3 comments:

Heth said...

You looked FABULOUS!

I would love to read that book, I have heard great things about it.

Natalie Joy said...

You did look awesome. I just kept imagining you in the same dress only white! Thanks for the shopping trip yesterday. I am so excited about my beautiful new clothes for the holidays.

Amie said...

I love playing dress-up with Olivia! It's my best excuse. I'm all for the comfy clothes afterwards, too. It's all great!