Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Now, I am as big a Christmas freak as you will ever find, and I love almost everything about the season. But I have to say Thanksgiving runs a close second for a number of reasons.

1. It always brings with it an awesome 4-day weekend!
2. The food rules, although I'm already feeling guilty about it and it hasn't even begun yet.
3. It holds the promise of Christmas-yet-to-come - I love the excitement of getting ready for Christmas and all the activities that happen around the holiday. And on Thanksgiving, there is still so much to anticipate over the next month.
4. The shopping. I can't last very long with the crazy crowds, but the great deals are worth the effort to me. Plus, the malls are decorated so awesome these days that I could go and just stare at the decor and be happy.

So, I'm looking forward to this long weekend. I will miss my sisters, but we will have fun with my parents and Tyler and enjoy this opportunity to be with them. So, enjoy your Thanksgiving and the time with family and friends. We truly have so much for which to be thankful.

3 comments:

Heth said...

I'm with you on the pre-mature guilt. Hooray for pecan pie!

Natalie Joy said...

My peacan pie is baking as I write. Soon I will frost the pumpkin bars and prepare the pumpkin curry soup to go with our very un-traditional prime rib roast. Enjoy your turkey and pies.

Tina said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ang. It is a great holiday. And a nice, long, leisurely weekend. Enjoy your family...